Hockey PEI Communications | October 20th, 2021
CHARLOTTETOWN, PE – Hockey PEI’s Development council has announced its “2021-2022 Hockey PEI Development Project” that will focus on player and coach development through a series of “Development Days” taking place across the Island.
The specific focus for these days will be divided into goalie development, player skill development, and female athlete development. Each of the days will be led by Hockey PEI High Performance Coaches as well as professional coaches such as our Director of Goaltending, Drew MacIntyre, and supported by current UPEI Panthers players.
Specialty off-ice activities will include mental training, nutrition, strength & conditioning, etc.
These “Development Days” will not be for any players or teams at the AAA level.
The three primary objectives of each Development Day are:
- Provide the players with quality on and off ice activities that will help them become better players but also add to their enjoyment of the game.
- Equip and mentor the local coaches to teach skills, execute quality practices, and deliver skill development sessions for their players.
- Develop relationship with local minor hockey players and coaches.
Minor Hockey Associations are required to provide:
- 3-6 hours of ice time on a specific date that is agreed upon by Hockey PEI
- 6-8 local coaches
- Minimum 20 players or minimum 10 goalies for goalie day
- Meeting room/ gym / space for off-ice activity for players
- Meeting room for coaches
*Associations apply to Hockey PEI to host a Development Day
Hockey PEI will provide:
- Coaches and support staff to lead on-ice session
- Professional instructor for off-ice activity
- On and Off-Ice curriculum
- Coaches meeting prior to and post on-ice session for coach development
- Player and coach resources on player and coach development
To apply for a Development Day in your area, please contact Hockey PEI Technical Director Kris MacPhee at email@example.com or 902-368-4334