CHARLOTTETOWN – Hockey Prince Edward Island is now accepting team staff applications for our 2020 High Performance Program.
The Hockey PEI High Performance Program offers volunteers an opportunity to gain valuable experience on and off the ice while working with the province’s top players, coaches, trainers, and officials.
Positions are available in all categories of the program including:
- Female Under-18 Program (players aged 16 and 17)
- Female Under-16 Program (players aged 14 and 15)
- Male Under-16 Program (players aged 15)
- Male Under-15 Program (players aged 14)
- Male Under-14 Program (players aged 13)
In each of these divisions, there are several staff positions available. These include:
- Director of Operations
- Head Coach
- Assistant Coach
- Goalie Coach
- Skills Coach
- Camp Coach
- Equipment Manager
Hockey PEI High Performance Program Events:
- 2020 QMJHL U16 Male Gatorade Challenge (April 29th – May 3rd, Blainville-Boisbriand, Quebec)
- 2020 U14 & U15 Male Spring Camp (TBD: April 23rd-26th or May 7th – 10th, Bell Aliant Centre, Charlottetown)
- 2020 U16 & U18 Female Spring Camp (TBD: April 23rd-26th or May 7th – 10th, Bell Aliant Centre, Charlottetown)
- 2020 U14, U15, U16 Male Summer Camp (July 30th-August 2nd, APM Centre, Cornwall)
- 2020 U16 & U18 Female Summer Camp (July 30th-August 2nd, APM Centre, Cornwall)
- 2020 Atlantic Challenge Cup (October 9th-12th, Moncton, New Brunswick)
- 2020 U16 Male Regional Competition (Date & Location TBD)
Hockey Prince Edward Island’s High-Performance Program is designed to attract the best players and coaches in PEI who come together with the goal of challenging themselves to become better in a High-Performance environment. Coaches and staff are expected to be in attendance for all conference calls, meetings, camps, and events.
Hockey PEI High Performance Program staff expectations include:
- Have positive energy
- Treat others with respect at all times
- Professional appearance
- Have a willingness to help out
- Display Poise, calmness, and leadership.
- Be an ambassador for Hockey PEI’s High Performance Program
The Program offers a strong commitment to player development while being while focused on preparing and identifying the very best players in our province for future national program opportunities. The program will concentrate on exposing players to high-level training programs including a focus on skill development, off-ice training and conditioning, and class sessions on many topics relevant to High Performance Athletes.
The High Performance Program is also the pathway to Hockey Canada’s national programs both in the male and female programs for both coaches and players.
Hockey PEI covers all expenses associated with being involved in the program for staff including travel, accommodations, and meals while at camps and events. Team Staff will also receive an apparel package.
The deadline for team staff applications is February 14th, 2020
If you have any questions about these positions or the Hockey Prince Edward Island High Performance Program, please contact Technical Director, Connor Cameron (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Hockey PEI is the governing body for organized hockey in Prince Edward Island. Hockey PEI’s main purpose is to foster, promote, develop, supervise, regulate and govern the sport of amateur hockey throughout Prince Edward Island. For more on Hockey PEI and its programs visit www.hockeypei.com or contact:
Hockey Prince Edward Island