Hockey PEI Staff | September 15th, 2021
CHARLOTTETOWN, PE – Today, the Chief Public Health Office of PEI updated the province on the on-going outbreak of COVID-19 in the Charlottetown area linked to the public school system. The following key updates were made:
- Beginning on Friday, September 17th at 8:00am the Mandatory Mask mandate while indoors will go into effect.
- The three day suspension on extra-curricular activities in the Charlottetown and area will end at midnight tonight.
Following this CPHO update, Hockey PEI is announcing the following:
- An update to its Return to Hockey Plan. Version 21-02 is now available here: https://hockeypei.com/hockey-pei-is-ready-for-the-2021-22-season/
- Version 21-02 includes the new guidelines surrounding mask wearing. Masks will now be mandatory for ALL attendees of Hockey PEI sanctioned events while inside the facility – spectators included.
- The reinstatement of activities for the following three Minor Hockey Associations will begin at midnight tonight:
- Charlottetown Minor Hockey Association
- Sherwood Parkdale Rural Minor Hockey Association
- Pownal Minor Hockey Association
- The reinstatement of all Hockey PEI’s High Performance Program activities will begin at midnight tonight:
Members should familiarize themselves with Hockey PEI’s Return to Hockey plan. This includes the mandatory masks-wearing policy, conducting proper contact tracing, keeping your hands washed/sanitized frequently and most importantly, staying home if you are feeling unwell. Version 21-02 of the RTH Plan can be viewed here: https://hockeypei.com/hockey-pei-is-ready-for-the-2021-22-season/