Members joined together at the 42th
Annual General Meeting of Hockey PEI which took place on June 22th
at the Rodd Royalty Inn in Charlottetown. The annual meeting included council and committee reports, award presentations and elections to the board of directors.
There was several reports presented and topics discussed with the membership including updates on new development programs, 2019 Canada games update, direction of Hockey PEI marketing campaigns, recognition of all the provincial championship winners and registration reports.
Coming from the meeting were updates on new directives for the future including a review of player safety protocols, enhanced focus on the Initiation Program model, the adoption of new Novice hockey structure and a continued focus on female hockey for the future.
Hockey PEI also provided confirmation that the branch will be hosting the Atlantic Bantam AAA Female Championships and the Maritime Hockey North Junior C Championships in April 2017. Selected host sites will be confirmed in the coming months.
Elected to represent the board of directors for the 2017-2018 season included:
- President – Barry Thompson
- Executive Vice President – Mike Hammill
- Vice President Finance – Tyson Bradley
- Chair Minor Hockey Council – Al MacIssac
- Chair Junior Hockey Council – Cliff Affleck
- Chair Senior Hockey Council – Ron Hennessey
- Chair Hockey Development Council – Jeremy Pierce
- Chair Hockey Officials Council – Troy Howatt
- Director of Female Hockey – Jen MacDonald
- Past President – Gene Power
In conjunction with the Annual General Meeting, several awards were presented at the annual awards ceremony. Hockey PEI honored participants and volunteers who have devoted themselves to the betterment of the game.
“It is important each year that we recognize and honor our members in their pursuit of excellence and volunteerism. The great game of hockey could not exist without the commitment and tireless efforts of our great volunteers”, stated Hockey PEI President Barry Thompson.
Hockey PEI was honored to present awards in the following categories.
- President’s Award – Alberton Pee Wee A Regals
- Jim Stirling Scholarship – BF Lorenzetti – Cale Pierce (Charlottetown)
- Hockey PEI Scholastic Award – Payton Brown (Stratford)
- Gordie Whitlock Development Award – Aaron Baglole (Sherwood Minor Hockey)
- Female Player of the Year – Maggie Johnston (Mid Isle Wildcats Midget AAA)
- Male Player of the Year – Dixon MacLeod (Mid Isle Matrix Bantam AAA)
- Volunteer of the Year – Bethany MacIsaac (O’Leary Minor Hockey)
- Administrator of the Year – Sandra Jamieson (Charlottetown)
- Coach of the Year – Cory Parsons (Mid Isle Matrix Bantam AAA)
- Aaron Coffin Official of the Year – Ellen Dixon (Kingston)
- Team of the Year – Mid Isle Wildcats Midget AAA
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Ph: (902) 368-4334