Island Junior Hockey League
League Commissioner – Call for Interest
August 23, 2019
The Island Junior Hockey League (IJHL) is currently seeking a League Commissioner.
The IJHL is a member of Hockey PEI. Currently, the league consists of 4 teams.
The IJHL Commissioner reports to the Board of Governors and will provide leadership in the areas of business development, marketing, sponsorship, compliance of league policies, standards, and oversee the committees within the IJHL.
The Commissioner will establish and maintain contact and good relations with its members, Hockey PEI, Hockey Canada, sponsors and other partners.
The Commissioner shall receive an annual honorarium and all expenses paid related to general operations of league business.
Call for Applications
Interested individuals in the position of IJHL Commissioner shall confirm interest in the position by contacting:
Hockey PEI Junior Chair
Deadline to submit interest: Friday, September 13, 2019
IJHL Commissioner shall:
- Provide interpretation of the IJHL Constitution, By-Laws and Regulations.
- Create and manage league schedules.
- Management of league discipline, as required by the Code of Discipline, shall be decided upon and administered by the Commissioner.
- Responsible for the management of the team rosters and protected list including the annual league draft.
- Responsible to administer and manage any protest or appeals under the umbrella of Hockey PEI.
- The Commissioner shall also appoint committees, oversee the work of the Secretary, Treasurer and Director of Public Relations. Perform other duties as the Board may designate.
- The calling of League meetings for those established by the By-Laws.
IJHL Commissioner should:
- Proven highly successful and strategic leader.
- Have a base knowledge of the rules and regulations of the IJHL, Hockey PEI and Hockey Canada.
- Proven ability to set and execute a shared vision for the league that combines strategic and financial results.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with difficult situations with diplomacy.
- Flexible and adapts to change quickly.
- Ability to take responsibility for actions and decisions made.