Hockey PEI Staff | June 28th
CHARLOTTETOWN, PE – Hockey PEI is now seeking a new Island Junior Hockey League (IJHL) Commissioner. The IJHL, a member league of Hockey PEI, currently consists of 4 teams (Western Red Wings, Kensington Vipers, Sherwood Metros and Eastern Maniacs).
As the IJHL Commissioner, you would:
- Be responsible for providing an interpretation of the IJHL Constitution, By-Laws and Regulations.
- Be responsible for creating and managing the league schedules.
- Be responsible for administering and management of all league discipline, as required by the Code of Discipline
- Be responsible for the management of the team rosters and protected list including the annual league draft.
- Be responsible to administer and manage any protest or appeals under the umbrella of Hockey PEI.
- Appoint committees, and oversee the work of any committee members.
- Be responsible for the calling of League meetings for those established by the By-Laws.
- Be responsible for the general communication, promotions and content of the leagues social media channels and website.
- Be responsible for any other duties as the Hockey PEI Board of Directors may designate.
The ideal candidate for the position of IJHL Commissioner should:
- Be a successful and strategic leader.
- Have a basic knowledge of the rules and regulations of the IJHL, Hockey PEI and Hockey Canada.
- Have the ability to set and execute a shared vision for the league that combines strategic and financial results.
- Have the ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Have excellent communication skills verbal and written.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with difficult situations with diplomacy.
- Be flexible and adapt to change quickly.
- Have the ability to take responsibility for actions and decisions made.
As the IJHL Commissioner, you would report to the Hockey PEI Junior Chair along with Hockey PEI’s Board of Directors and would provide leadership in the areas of business development, marketing, sponsorship, compliance with league policies and standards.
The Commissioner would be expected to establish and maintain contact and good relations with its members, Hockey PEI, Hockey Canada, sponsors and other partners.
The IJHL Commissioner shall be paid an honorarium as outlined in the Hockey PEI Finance Policy and all expenses paid related to the general operations of league business.
All Interested individuals are asked to submit their interest and qualifications to Hockey PEI at email@example.com, Attn: Junior Council Chair, Cliff Affleck, no later than Monday, July 12th, 2021