HOCKEY PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND
Hockey PEI is inviting applications for this full-time, permanent position. This position will be located at the Hockey PEI office in Charlottetown.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Office Administrator will:
- Greet and assist visitors to the Hockey PEI office and receive phone calls and inquiries in a professional manner;
- Be responsible for the bookkeeping of the organizations financial records and establish, maintain and balance various accounts using Simply Accounting. Post journal entries and reconcile accounts, prepare trial balance of books, maintain general ledgers and prepare financial statements. Calculate and prepare cheques for payrolls and for utility, tax and other bills. Complete and submit tax remittance forms, and other government documents. Prepare other statistical, financial and accounting reports;
- Be responsible for the administration of the Hockey Canada Registry member database system;
- Be responsible for the Hockey Canada members’ Insurance program;
- Answer and route correspondence to appropriate Board and/or Council member(s);
- Attend Board and Committee meetings when required;
- Assist the Executive Director with administrative details, some of confidential nature
- Provide general administration office services; and
- Complete other duties as required or directed by the Executive Director.
The successful candidate shall possess the following Qualifications and Experience:
- The successful candidate shall have a diploma/undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institute, or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum three years bookkeeping experience;
- Possess exceptional computer skills including a working knowledge of Simply Accounting and MS Office or recognized alternative;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to monitor and follow-up on correspondence as well as time sensitive projects requiring response or future actions;
- Proven written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment with volunteers; and
- Experience with the game of hockey, including application of Hockey Canada and Hockey PEI bylaws and regulations will be considered an asset.
Salary range will be commensurate with qualifications. Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume via email or regular mail by Sunday, September 22, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. ADT to:
Attn: Executive Director
40 Enman Crescent, Suite 209
Charlottetown, PE C1E 1E6
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo criminal record and vulnerable sector checks.
No calls please. More information can be found at www.hockeypei.com.