HOCKEY PEI HIGH PERFORMANCE PROGRAM
The Hockey PEI High Performance Program (HPP) is a development opportunity for all Under 14, Under 15, and Under 16 male and all Under 14, Under 16 and Under 18 female hockey players. Registered players attend the Spring Camp from which a number of players in each group are identified and selected to attend a summer selection camp. From this camp, players are selected to Team PEI.
This Spring Camp is open to all age appropriate players who are residents of Prince Edward Island. Every fourth year the High Performance Program also helps to identify and prepare players for their potential involvement in the formation of the Provincial teams participating in the Canada Winter Games.
Upcoming HPP Event Dates:
- 2021 Female U14, U16 & U18 Spring Camp (April 15th-18th), Bell Aliant Centre, Charlottetown.
- 2021 Male U14 & U15 Spring Camp (May 13th-18th), APM Centre, Cornwall.
- 2021 Female U14, U16 & U18 Summer Camp (August 4th-8th), APM Centre, Cornwall.
- 2021 Male U14 & U15 Summer Camp (August 4th-8th), APM Centre, Cornwall.
- 2021 Male U16 Summer Development Camp (August 18th, 20th, 21st and 23rd), Pownal Sports Centre.
- 2021 Atlantic Challenge Cup (October 8th-11th) Moncton, New Brunswick.
- 2021 Male U16 Selection Camp (Christmas holidays) Location TBD.
- 2022 U16 Male Regional Competition (Date TBD), Halifax, Nova Scotia
HPP 2021-22 Age Classifications (Birth Years):
- U14 Male: 2008
- U15 Male: 2007
- U16 Male: 2006
- U14 Female: 2008, 2009
- U16 Female: 2006, 2007
- U18 Female: 2004, 2005
Important HPP Forms:
- 2021 High Performance Program Staff Application Form
- 2021 High Performance Program Spring Camp Player Registration Form (U14 Male, U15 Male, U14 Female U16 Female, U18 Female)
- 2021 Female HPP Sharp Shooters Program Registration Form
- 2021 High Performance Program Summer Selection Camp Player Registration Form (U14 Male, U15 Male, U14 Female U16 Female, U18 Female)
- 2021 Male U16 Summer Development Camp Player Registration Form.
- 2021 High Performance Program Special Consideration Form
Connect With Us!
Team PEI competes annually in the Atlantic Challenge Cup. Team PEI exists to promote the game and the tremendous good that can come from it. Team PEI is about opportunity, coaches and players working together and learning together. It’s about young athletes becoming better hockey players and more importantly, becoming better human beings.
Team PEI is about teamwork and the pursuit of common goals. It is about each player, coach, and staff member committing to a common purpose of being the best they can be. It is a program about roles and about the appreciation of the need for every role on a team no matter how large or how small it may seem. It is a program about stretching beyond what you’ve ever experienced . . . and not breaking. It’s persevering to be the very best that you can be . . . to be part of a team that is the very best that it can be.
Team PEI is made up of people who are prepared, poised, persistent, and positive. We look to create and instill professional habits on a daily basis. It is about focusing on the process in order to ensure the desired results. It has been said that “Our results are a lagging measure of our habits”, therefore we will invest in quality habits.
Team PEI is about respecting the past and the tradition. It is about cherishing the effort and determination of the players and coaching staff that have come before. It is about the abilities of former Team PEI players and about how they have made the most of their opportunities. It is about the pride of representing our province. It is about leveraging these past successes, being present in the moment, and especially focusing on the future where our current youth athletes will write the next chapter of Team PEI together.