by Hockey PEI Communications // @HockeyPEI // April 26th, 2022
CHARLOTTETOWN, PE – It’s a team travel day for participants of this year’s Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) Cup! The event will feature the top U16 prospects from both the Atlantic and Quebec Region showcase their skills to scouts and team personnel from around the league
The Top 40 Atlantic Canadians will make up two team rosters while an additional 80 prospects from the province of Quebec make up another 4 rosters, making the event a six team tournament. The event will take place at the Centre Rousseau in Blainville-Boisbriand, Que from April 27th to May 1st. Teams will go through a series of team meetings and practices tomorrow (Wednesday) before facing off for games!
7 players were selected from PEI by QMJHL Central Scouting:
- Defenceman, Justin Smith (Kensington Wild)
- Defenceman, Lincoln Waugh (Charlottetown Knights)
- Forward, Ross Campbell (Charlottetown Knights)
- Forward, Tyler Wood (South Kent Selects Academy)
- Forward, Michael Arsenault (U17 Mount Academy)
- Forward, Evan Nicholson (Charlottetown Knights)
- Forward, Carson Griffin (Charlottetown Knights)
The QMJHL has also announced the following staffing updates to note for the event:
- Coach Olivier Filion (Mount Academy) is no longer able to attend the event. Kris MacDonald (Acadia University) is now attending in his place.
- Therapist, John Blanchard (Summerside Western Capitals) is no longer able to attend the event.
- Jonathan Gregory remains one of the team Equipment Managers while Tanner Doiron will act as one of two Director of Hockey Operations.
The QMJHL salutes the collaboration of Hockey Canada, Hockey Quebec, Hockey New Brunswick, Hockey Nova Scotia, Hockey PEI, Hockey NL and the Quebec U18 Developmental Hockey League for making the QMJHL Cup possible.
For more information on this years event, please visit: https://theqmjhl.ca/article/rosters-announced-for-final-stage-of-2022-qmjhl-cup
Hockey PEI is the governing body for organized hockey in Prince Edward Island. Hockey PEI’s main purpose is to foster, promote, develop, supervise, regulate, and govern the sport of amateur hockey throughout Prince Edward Island. For more on Hockey PEI and its programs visit www.hockeypei.com or follow through social media on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or LinkedIn.
Media Contact: Tanner Doiron | Manager, Hockey Operations & Communications
email@example.com or 902-368-4334