World Girls Hockey Weekend is a celebration heard around the world and we are happy to have you be apart of it!
Together, the International Ice Hockey Federation and Hockey Canada are striving to grow the game of female hockey on an National and International Level, now you are helping us achieve this!
On October 5th-7th we are asking that all Canadians who are hosting a celebration event of all sizes to tell us about their event. We will tally all events and be able to submit the total numbers of Canadians participating in events to the IIHF.
The new female Skills Surge will be the largest skill-development event in the world! Hockey Canada invites all Canadians, including minor hockey associations, communities, teams, families and everyone in between to host their own skills session anytime over World Girls’ Hockey Weekend and join the festivities!
Going beyond the ice, Hockey Canada has prepared practice plans for the following components:
- On-ice session for various age groups
- Off-ice development for various age groups
- Floorball skills
- Ball hockey skills
To support those that decide to host a skills session, all practice plans and event details can be found on the Hockey Canada Network app, right in the palm of your hand. The host of the event will download the app in order to access the information, and will receive push notification updates as World Girls’ Hockey Weekend approaches.
For the 2018 World Girls’ Hockey Weekend, we will have a new participant gift – the WGHW buff. Once a host registers their event and downloads the Hockey Canada Network app, all participants, including staff, will receive the gift (shipped direct to the host).
Hockey Canada will track all registered events on an interactive map found on the World Girls’ Hockey Weekend website. All hosts are encouraged to take part in social media throughout the weekend, sharing photos and videos of their event using the event hashtags: #WGIHW.
To add your event to the Canadian celebration, CLICK HERE
How to get you started:
- Register your event at HockeyCanada.ca/WGHW.
- An email will be sent to the host with instructions to download the Network app.
- 60-minute on- and off-ice practice plans will be listed for you to work from.
- Host will be invited to sign up for the 2018 WGHW Team on the app.
- Host will receive push notifications through the app leading into event.
- WGHW gifting will be shipped at least one week prior to event date.